fall

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

it's been a while....

So, it's been a lonnnnngggg time since my last blog. I wasn't sure why I stopped blogging or providing fun updates and sharing our adventures and great memories... but when I look back at my last posts, I can see how happy we were then. That was such a great weekend and time - at the pumpkin patch and then shortly after that we went through a few really, really tough times...

After my last post in October, my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer and underwent a very tough surgery to remove the large tumor within a week of identifying it. It was a shocking diagnois for how healthy and active he is, but surgery went well and they were able to remove it all. The recovery and time spent in the hospital, seeing him in so much pain was the hardest part, but thankfully, he has made a full recovery and has a clean bill of health.

I believe it was the day after my dad got out of the hospital, we received more devastating news: Police showed up at my mom's door to inform her that her brother - my uncle, my Godfather, had passed away. . Hearing this news and what had happened, hurt our entire family's hearts so deeply. He had never married and did not have any children, so the family - his remaining six brothers and sisters and the nieces and nephews- pulled together and put together the beautiful memorial service. His passing left a deep sadness with many of us that was difficult to pull out of...but we are moving on and finding wonderful ways to remember him, honor him and know that he is at peace now with his parents in Heaven.

With a few tough months, we also had some wonderful things happen for the family too and those are the things that make you feel thankful and blessed. My sister, Erin, shared she was expecting her second child in November and due in June, and my amazing friend Jackie had her first baby in December - a beautiful and healthy little boy. Through everything, our little Audrey was always a bright spot- putting smiles on our faces and making us laugh every single day.

I believe everything in life happens for a reason, and that what you go through in life makes you stronger. So, with that, I wanted to share why the break in the blog and help understand what happened during a few of those months.

No comments: